I realized sometime during my visit that I was no longer technically the oldest child. I am now a middle child. I can tell you I don’t like that one bit.
Here are some random and hopefully interesting points of commonality:
- We love books. We are avid readers and writers.
- We are tall — 5’10” and 5’11”.
- We both homeschooled our kids, at least for a spell.
- Music lovers
- Interested in and competent at things like cooking and sewing and knitting
- Married to big friendly bearded guys (although in truth a lot of my friends are lol)
- Had kids in our mid-to-late thirties with the last one born at home
- Lived in NYC at the same time
- We are both hilarious
On Friday we went to the little downtown to see fireworks but they were cancelled because they got wet. We just walked around and hung out instead which was better anyway. Danny ate his first crab in a dive bar. It’s a really pretty harbor town. There was live music in the gazebo.
This was Day 5.